Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How to Secure a Work Permit?

       Work permit is a generic term for a legal authorization which allows a person to take employment. It is most often used in reference to instances where a person is given permission to work in a country where one does not hold citizenship, but is also used in reference to minors, who in some jurisdictions require a permit in order to legally work due to Child Labor laws.

Here is  San Fernando City, working permit is a compulsory requirement. Here are the lists of requirements to secure a working permit ID for newly hired.

1. Residence Certificate (Cedula)
2. Barangay Clearance
3. Police Clearance 

***Police clearance should be released where your town is. 

You can get your cedula in your town or either in SFC. I got my cedula at the SFC Municipal Hall for 24.50 pesos. After that, I approached our Brgy. Secretary for my Brgy. clearance and I spent 20 pesos for it. Next, is to secure police clearance.  I went  to Police station in Bauang and the requirements in securing Police Clearance are: 

(1)cedula
(2)brgy.clearance
(3)municipal trial court (mtc) clearance, and 
(4) 2 pieces, 2x2 picture with white background. 

If you had completed this requirements, submit this to the officer in-charge in the police station.
***Note in securing police clearance:
-no wearing of sando
-no wearing of slippers
-no wearing of shorts
-proper haircut specially for PNP applicants

I already had my cedula and bgry. clearance. Next, is to secure a MTC clearance.  For MTC clearance I spent 50 pesos and then I paid 75 pesos in the Municipal Treasury Office for Police clearance fee. I went back to the Police Station Office and the officer in-charge released my police clearance. Almost done!

I went to the provincial municipal hall in Sfc. The work permit fee for "non-food work" is 190. Fee varies if the work is related to food-handlers. I signed the Profile Information and Work Information Sheet, then proceed to window 5 for photo capturing. After that, wait for some minutes for the printing of your Work Permit ID.

On the window 6, the officer-in-charge will now issue your ID.

All in all, i spent:

24.50 pesos for cedula
20 pesos for brgy. clearance
50 pesos for mtc clearance
75 pesos for police clearance
60 pesos for 2x2 picture
190 pesos for work permit

for a total of 419.50 pesos + fare + meryenda....hays pasakit! Next year ulit, renewal naman. So sad:(

In securing working permit, you need to have a "bucket of patience"

No comments:

Post a Comment